Big Data Infrastructure Architect
New York, NY
Bonobos is seeking an experienced Architect to develop data infrastructure technology for our new Data Science and Engineering team.
Bonobos is the largest born-on-the-internet apparel eCommerce company in the United States. But that isn't good enough for us. Our team is building a more personally relevant and engaging shopping experience that will transform the eCommerce fashion industry and data is the fuel that powers this cutting edge technology engine. To achieve this goal, we must develop the technology to leverage data that gives us insight into our customers, products, and every other aspect of our business.
The Data Science and Engineering team at Bonobos is formed around the premise that the technology, architecture, and processes traditionally implemented by business intelligence and data warehouse organizations is outdated and ineffective. As a Data Architect, you will lay the foundation for Bonobos' data science capabilities. You will collaborate effectively with our Engineering team as well as cross-functionally with many departments to determine what data is essential for the business and how it should be modeled. Once data has been collected, you will use your knowledge and creativity to establish pragmatic solutions and anticipate the needs of our quickly growing company, all while staying laser-focused on delivering business value above everything else.
- Are always learning and thinking outside the box...wait, what box?
- Are looking to join a team that is truly engaging, fulfilling, energetic, quirky, sometimes weird and always passionate
- Are proficient in SQL, UNIX and Python
- Are experienced with Hadoop and AWS
- Understand what it takes to keep a data warehouse operational
- Know how to partner with web and mobile development teams to implement tracking
- Know what the terms 'columnar' and 'mpp' refer to
- Can leap big data sets with a single bound
- Can name your favorite Game of Thrones character
- Believe in the power of self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy and positive energy as our team values
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also believe in balance
- Are more inspired by opportunities than fear of failure
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, awesome co-workers and the rare tribal atmosphere that values individuality
- Are willing to help you relocate
- Are excited to hear from you