New York, NY
Bonobos is seeking an inventive and resourceful Design Associate who is eager to contribute to a quickly growing, ever-evolving eCommerce start-up.
Committed to better-fitting clothing, contagious energy, and exceptional customer experience, Bonobos is breaking the mold of what most would consider a traditional, online shopping experience. Behind the scenes, our lean and mean Design team is part of the magic that creates the quality and original product that sets Bonobos apart from other brands. As we continue to expand to off-line channels, we are in need of a passionate and hard-working Design Associate with a zest for producing top-on-the-line menswear.
To succeed in this role, you must quickly gain empathy with the Bonobos brand and develop a clear understanding of the Design team production process. Working alongside our highly talented [and sometimes quirky] Designers, you will have the opportunity to get your hands dirty in every step of the design process. On any given day, you will participate in a multitude of activities including initial concept brainstorming, developing sampling, production, and tech packages, attending fittings, reviewing samples, and collaborating with our Tech Design, Production, and Merchandising teams. From Coors Light cans to Chinatown field trips, we take inspiration seriously, so seriously, that we are willing to look anywhere to find it. Are you ready to dive in?
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design or equivalent and an unofficial degree in "NYC savvy"
- Have 3–5 years of experience in the design industry
- Are proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop and PLM
- Have a friendly and upbeat personality and will contribute to the positive energy at Bonobos
- Are excited to bring your design talent and fresh ideas to the Bonobos brand
- Were inspired by the mice in Cinderella when they created their own version of the gown for the royal ball
- Were dubbed "Poliakoff" in school for your frequent usage of bright and bold colors in all of your work
- Are great at prioritizing your workload and meeting deadlines, even when things get crazy
- Have a compelling portfolio that demonstrates your design abilities and style
- Are a proud owner of a black bowl from Just Salad and carry it with you everywhere.... just in case
- Were the first of your friends to join Pinterest and categorize all of your boards by color
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy and positive energy, often, over experience
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but we also highly value personal downtime that does not include pants (selling them, designing them, marketing them…wearing them?)
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome coworkers
- Care deeply about the high quality of design and product we associate our label with
- Have a special, open culture, not a dictatorship, which realizes the best ideas can come from anyone at any level
- Are excited to hear from you