User Experience Lead
New York, NY
Bonobos is seeking an ambitious and passionate User Experience Lead to help us change the way people shop for clothes.
Our vision is simple: we want to be the world's easiest place to buy clothes. You land on a page, and it only shows products that match your taste. You pick something, and it arrives at your door. You put it on, and it just fits. Our challenges are anything but simple: We've got to design for this vision while simultaneously redrawing today's core site experience, fixing bugs, supporting new initiatives and experiments, and approaching all of these challenges holistically so that our experience is always evolving in the right direction.
You'll jump in head first as the senior member of a new design team tasked with creating this world-class experience. You'll play an instrumental role in the success of a start-up through your product decisions and in your first 6 months, will be asked to help us move towards our vision while simultaneously re-imagining today's core site and delivering immediate, tangible value to the business. You must be a champion of the best possible solution and will make those around you better. At the same time, you will be strategically pragmatic, help us to ship prototypes quickly, and can iterate as you go. And, you'll work with incredibly bright and humorous people who don't take themselves too seriously, but can't take their work seriously enough.
- Design with intentionality and can prioritize in order to solve specific problems with a thoughtful approach that addresses the right challenges
- Enjoy working closely with engineers in an agile environment, and can find ways to be agile yourself while keeping the bar high
- Are critical of your own work and thrive on candid feedback because it meaningfully improves your work
- Have a razor sharp eye, keep the bar high, and provide ample criticism to others in a way that creates solutions rather than blocks them
- Like to swim in unfamiliar waters. You're a constant learner and aren't afraid to try your hand at something new
- Approach design holistically and are comfortable with information architecture, interaction design, visual design, and HTML/CSS/JS prototyping
- Aren't afraid of growing pains that come with joining a new design team
- Believe in the power of self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy and positive energy as our team values
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but also believe in balance
- Are more inspired by opportunities than fear of failure
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation, equity and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, awesome co-workers and the rare tribal atmosphere that values individuality
- Will help you relocate
- Are excited to hear from you